2019 Honda Accord Safety Rating
The 2019 Honda Accord is a sophisticated and well-equipped sedan that has earned impressive safety ratings. Learn more about the Accord safety ratings and features in this guide from Lou Sobh Honda, then visit our dealership in Cumming for a test drive.
Accord Safety Ratings
The wide array of 2019 Accord tech features can keep you connected, entertained, and informed on Gainesville-area roads. These technologies can also help to keep you and your passengers safe and protected wherever your road takes you. Check out the 2019 Accord safety ratings:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)*
- 5-star overall side rating
- 5-star rollover rating
- 5-star overall front rating
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)**
- Good overall front rating
- Good overall side rating
- Good roof strength rating
Accord Safety Features
In addition to driver, passenger, front head, rear head, and side airbags, the Honda Accord also comes with standard safety features such as:
- Daytime Running Lights
- 4-Wheel ABS
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- Child Safety Locks
- Traction Control
Honda Sensing® Technology
Also standard on all Accord trim levels is the Honda Sensing® safety suite, which includes such innovative driver-assist technologies as:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): Can automatically apply the brakes when a potential collision is detected.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Detects road markings and will alert you when the vehicle begins to leave the roadway.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Maintains a safe distance between your Honda and the vehicle in front of you.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Automatically adjusts steering to keep your vehicle in its lane.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): Reads road signs and relays the information to the driver.
Together, these safety systems can help you to be aware of potential driving hazards on Dawsonville roads, and actively help to prevent collisions.
Test Drive the Honda Accord at Lou Sobh Honda
Review our Honda Accord vs Hyundai Sonata comparison, and see how the Accord LX and EX models match up head-to-head, then contact us to schedule a test drive today. We have a wide selection of new Accord models for Alpharetta-area drivers to choose from, and with our current new vehicle offers and incentives you’re sure to find the special deal that you’ve been holding out for.
More from Lou Sobh Honda
Honda Civic fans remain loyal to this perennial powerhouse because of the strong engine specs, efficient design, and bold Honda Civic Colors. The new Honda Civic builds on this proud tradition offering Alpharetta drivers the perfect combination of affordability, performance, and style. As you narrow down which trim and options suit you, it is…
Lou Sobh Automotive | By Cammie Alkire Often times Memorial Day is regarded as the “start of summer” or the end to a very long year of classwork. It’s important to remember that Memorial Day means so much more to surviving military family members. According to the VA, Memorial Day and Veterans Day are often…
If you’re searching for a stylish sedan to upgrade your Alpharetta commute, the 2020 Honda Accord is a great choice. With its powerful engine, comfortable ride, and wide variety of convenient amenities, it’s no wonder the Accord is so popular among Cumming drivers. Explore the Honda Accord design and interior features in this guide from…
Disclaimers:*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.
**For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.